We're halfway through a busy Saturday. It's just me, Pumpkin & Manzo today. Hunter took Superboy on a little road trip to visit Uncle Joe for the day.
I have a similar trip planned in a couple of weeks. (Pumpkin and Manzo will be coming along with me.)
10 random & unrelated items/thoughts/links off the top of my head:
- The picture above was taken in September. Manzo has LOVED using that little walker. It was a gift from Hunter's parents, and it's from IKEA. What a great little toy.
- Speaking of Manzo, the other day I did a post about things he loves. I cannot believe I left off balls. Footballs, soccer balls, kick balls, tennis balls....the kid loves to play with a ball. If he sees a ball on the other side of the room, he will high tail it over to the ball and initiate a game of toss with me (or whoever is around.) If he is playing with a ball and you have to take it away for some reason (i.e. it's time to stop playing & go get in the car), he will lay down on the floor, cry, and thrash his arms and legs. (Oh boy--we're at that stage now. yippee! Game on.) The kid is passionate about throwing and catching (attempting to catch) the ball. Loves it!!
- Manzo is asleep right now & I'm about to do some housework. I'm putting out all the stuff for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins on the counter. I'm also putting the recipe on the counter. Pumpkin (the girl, not the food) is going to make the muffins all by herself from start to finish. She's helped me a ton over the years, but this is a first for her to fly solo. I told her I'm available if she needs help. I'm so curious to see how this goes! I think she'll have fun.
- After Manzo wakes up, we will be running some errands to collect various things we need for 3 halloween costumes. Manzo is going to be Baby Buzz Lightyear. Superboy is going to be a specific Pokemon character. (I would tell you the name of the character, but, alas, I cannot remember it. It's sort of a turtle-looking thing. Should be interesting to try to make on our own. yikes! Pumpkin's costume is going to be cute--I'll leave you in suspense on that one.
- I watched an episode of Nashville this week. (It's a new show on ABC.) I love Connie Britton's hair on the show. It's SO pretty. Really pretty color---sort of coppery-golden-reddish.
- When I was getting Superboy's stuff ready to go with Hunter earlier this morning, I thought to myself, "Getting a 10 year old ready to go away for the day is SO EASY." It's true, people. No special food. No special equipment. No car seat. No need for an extra change of clothes or anything. Easy, easy, easy. I know, this is a very obvious observation to make. But there you go.
- I took the big kids to see a play yesterday. There's a school not to far from us that has a really great drama program. Last year we went to see The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and they did an amazing job. So when we heard they were doing Peter Pan, we had to go check it out. I told the kids they could bring friends. We ended up bringing Hailey, Hope, and Connor along to the show.
- I have nursery duty tomorrow at church. Our church has been growing so much over the last couple of years that they keep having to add new nursery rooms to accomdate all the little ones. I think our nursery coordinator does a really great job. That's an important role at a church, if you ask me. Parents want to know that their kids are in good hands.
- I want to stencil one of the walls in Pumpkin's room someday. (in the next house.) I'd like to use one of these stencils. I'm thinking of something fairly subtle. Tone on tone. I was inspired by this blog post: Before & After Dining Room Style. And here's another post I liked from that particular blog: Attic Renovation Before & After.
- I'll conclude my list with this amazing link: Earth's Most Stunning Natural Fractal Patterns. So amazing!
Have a great weekend!