What is an ATC Swap?
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. An ATC is a specifically sized card, upon which a small work of art is created. All ATCs are 2.5"x3.5". Watercolor paper, Bristol Board, or illustration board may be used for the card.
Any medium can be used on the card. Watercolor, collage, pencil sketching....the list goes on and on.
Basically, you can think of an ATC as a tiny blank canvas.
In the swap, each of my children was put into a group with other children his/her age. Superoby made five ATCs and mailed one card to each of the other children in his group. Same with Pupmkin--she mailed one of her tiny masterpieces to each of the other kids in her group.
And a few days later, the mail goodies started rolling in. What fun it was to receive ATCs in our mailbox from the other members of their groups! My children loved the experience.
With Erin & Blair's blessing, the ATC swap was hosted by Bright Eyes + Blue Eyes in 2011. We're hosting the swap again this year.
I'll publish another post in the next few days with more specific details. But here are the basics:
(1) The swap is open to children Ages 4-12.
(2) You will register your child by sending an email to the registration email address. (I'll give you the email address in an upcoming post.)
(3) Registration opens Friday, October 5th.
(4) Registration closes Friday, October 19th. (The cap for this swap will be 1,000 children. If we reach 1,000 particpants, registration will be closed at that point. I'll keep you updated and let you know if it looks like we're getting close.)
(5) The mail date is going to be Monday, November 5th. All participants will mail their cards on that date.
Please send an email or leave a comment if you have any questions. Have fun!
my email: ellieandabbie (at) gmail (dot) com