For background information about the Kids' ATC Swap, please click here for the introductory post.
If you'd like to display our blog button, please click here to see the button choices.
Registration details for the 2011 swap:
(1) To register, please send an email to katcswap2011 (at) gmail (dot) com
(2) In the subject line of your email, put your child's age. No extra information.
(3) In the content of your email, put your child's name and mailing address.
*update* Please compose & send a separate email for each child who will be participating. If you are signing up three children, please send three separate emails. Sorry for the trouble--this will only help make sure no child's name slips through the cracks.
*update* Registration deadline has changed from April 1st to April 4th. The deadline is now April 4th.
(4) Registration deadline is April 4, 2011. That should be easy to remember-- 4/4, right? I love awesome dates like that. Q: What is the coolest date this year? A: 11/11/11. I'm going to plan something special for that date.
(5) If you have any questions or comments, please email us at ellieandabbie (at) gmail (dot) com. Please do not submit comments/questions to the registration email account. (katcswap2011) That account is going to be used for participant name/address information only.
(6) Tentative mail date is April 18th. (That date will be confirmed soon.) All participants are asked to wait to mail their ATCs until April 18th. Feel free to go ahead and make your cards at any point, but it's better for us all to mail them at the same time. (As a sidenote, the 18th happens to be the first day of Screen-Free Week.)
(7) Minimum age is 4. (Must be 4 by April 4, 2011.)
(8) This is exclusively a children's swap. No adult ATCs, please.
(9) Children will be grouped into teams of 6. That means your child will have 5 cards to create and mail out.
(10) Participants should be encouraged to do their best work. Take your time! Enjoy the process.
To re-cap, your registration email should look like this. Very simple. No extra information, please.
Email Subject: age 5
Email Content: Joe Smith, 125 Maple Street, Anytown NY 12345
A few things to note:
(1) You don't have to have a blog to participate in this swap. What are the basic requirements? An email account (to register) and a mailbox (to receive ATCs.)
(2) Your contact information will not be shared with anyone except the other members of your swap group. At the conclusion of this swap, the entire email account (katcswap2011) will be deleted.
(3) Some groups may have international participants. Fun and exciting! When you register for the swap, you are indicating that you're willing to pay postage for five ATCs--regardless of whether your group members are domestic or international. (It'll be fun to get out the map & locate your group members' cities!)
(4) We'll set up a Flickr group soon and let you know when it's up and running.
(5) *update* If you are in the last bunch of people to sign up, you may not have a full group. If I've put all the 7 yr olds into groups of six, and then I have four 7 yr olds remaining, those four children will be grouped together and will have fewer cards to create/mail.
Please send an email or leave a comment if you have any questions.
You might find it helpful to see some ATC examples. Here are some photos of ATCs my children created back in '09. My daughter was 4 at the time; my son was 6.
Just remember: the ATCs can be created using ANY medium. The sky's the limit. Here's the Flickr Pool for the 2009 swap if you'd like to browse through additional cards.
Completely optional: Catslife Press offers a collection of ATC-related rubber stamps. We used one of their stamps for the back of our cards.
Catslife Press ATC Stamps (keep clicking "next page" to see the entire selection. There are four pages of ATC stamps.)
*update 4/1/11 : We're having a link party for swap participants. Would you like to share yoru link? Find out more here.