Earlier this month, I noticed a handful of bloggers posting "year in review" summaries. I like those sort of posts and decided to look back over my 2009 calendar to come up with a list of my own. Very fun. Then I decided to go back even more, so I scanned through my 2008 calendar as well. I'm posting 2008 today and will post 2009 tomorrow.
+ + + +
- We were invited to go to Mexico with our dear college friends. Super fun. 6 parents, 7 children, 3 babysitters, 1 house. Loved it. I would like to teleport myself there right now.
- Superboy was enrolled in karate classes. Pumpkin was enrolled in a gymnastics class.
- Continued to go to BSF with Katie every Wednesday. And our three little ones. Had a great year studying Scripture.
- Woke up at 5am one morning to go get in line to register Pumpkin for preschool the following year. She was changing to a new preschool, and the one we wanted only had one or two empty spots. (We got a spot.)
- Superboy signed up for t-ball (first time.) Practices & games. So fun.
- Got our house ready to put on the market. Mad dash to finish all of our renovations. Worked nights and weekends on completing projects.
- Brought children to grandparent-land during spring break. Hunter stayed home to (1) work and (2) host open houses at our newly-for-sale house. We used For Sale by Owner dot com to list our house.
- Later that month, when I was back home, we had the final college girls' Bible study of the semester--we read and discussed the "I am" statements of Jesus in the gospel of John.
- Baby nephew born!
- Sold our house.
- On a whim, I went to a new lady to get my hair cut. Ended up with the absolute worst haircut of my life. Took a year to grow it out.
- Played at my grandmother's lakehouse. Went tubing. (Q: Is there anything better than going to the lake in the summer? A: No. There is not.)
- Enjoyed a visit from Ginger, Debra, Paul, and Ashleigh!
- Said goodbye to Ellie & H on the 12th.
- Closed on the sale of our new house. Moved in.
- Enjoyed a visit from Aunt Allison. She was here for a week of service--tutoring refugee children.
- Went along with Gingi to visit Aunt Helen in sunny Sarasota. So fun.
- Gram and Papa came to our house for a visit. Hunter an Papa installed canned lights throughout our new house. They also finished making our new dining room table. Also, the figs were ripe, so Gram & Papa made lots of fig preserves.
- Sweet Nonie went to be with Jesus. We are so thankful for her life and for how much she loved and nurtured Hunter as he grew up.
- Pumpkin started Pre-K. She also started ballet lessons.
- Superboy started 1st grade. He also started Cub Scouts.
- Hunter and I went to see Wicked.
- Trick-or-treating: Pumpkin dressed up as a princess. Superboy was a ninja.
- I mailed yogurt starter to my sister in Tanzania & hoped it would actually make it to her. (it did!)
- We stayed at our house for Thanksgiving. Gram and Papa came for the holiday. Hunter left on Nov. 28 to fly to Edinburgh for his graduation. (hooray!)
- Hurried to our hometown when my grandmother's health began to rapidly decline. We were able to be by her side during her last days. I'm so thankful for her life and her legacy. My heart is fillled with so many wonderful memories of her.
- Celebrated Christmas with grandparents, great grandmother, cousins, aunts, and uncles. Celebrated 12 years of marriage with my sweetie. Celebrated along with my parents their 36 years of marriage.