5 movies I look forward to seeing:
- Julie and Julia: I cannot believe I haven't seen this one yet.
- Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story: I'm sure this one will be inspiring.
- The Blind Side: Mom gave me the heads up on this one. (Mom, did you say it was filmed in Memphis?)
- Precious: If you watch the preview for this one, you'll want to see it, too.*
- Toy Story 3: We're very excited. Let the countdown begin. (release date: June 18, 2010)
*1/25/10 edited to add: shortly after I posted this list, I read a review of this movie in a magazine. I was a bit shocked by the movie content as it was described in the article. I haven't seen the movie.
5 books I look forward to reading:
- A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table: "Molly Wizenberg recounts a life with the kitchen at its center"....sounds like a heartwarming book.
- The Help: recommended by my sister-in-law sisterr*
- The Middle Mom: recommended by my mom.
- A Thousand Ways to Please a Husband: With Bettina's Best Recipes: Saw this vintage cookbook at a friend's house the other day. I love it. Originally published in 1917. There's a quaint little story to go with each recipe. Available here on Google Books.
- Fool Moon Rising: "The moon, blinded by pride, fails to see the true source of his abilities-the light provided by the sun." Sounds like a good one. I saw it mentioned here.
*Allison, I find that the term "sister-in-law" sounds so technical and legal...I believe I've come up with a better idea (if you like it): you can be my sisterr (the extra R is there due to the fact that you're my sister because of Robert.) Ellie, that means that H is my brotheer. And Joe, we have a number of years to figure out how I can refer to your someday wife. Sisterj or sijster are the best 2 options. And on a related note, Gram and Papa can now be called my mothher and fathher.
Daddy, this ice cream was on sale recently & I just had to buy it.
We thought of you.
Hunter & I looked like we should be judges on Iron Chef when we were tasting it--taking tiny bites, furrowing our brows, and staring off into the distance as we analyzed the flavor. It's really interesting. Yes, there's your typical ice cream sweetness, but there's also the kick of the ginger.
I'd love for you to try it someday. I did a search here to see if they sell it in your lovely city, but alas, they do not. We'll be sure to get some the next time you come to visit our lovely city.